What We Do
JLT Advisory Ltd is a specialist advisory business within the JLT Group that has a unique, proven capability to provide a range of advisory and capital markets services specifically to insurance industry clients on a global scale from offices in London. Capital-related reinsurance services including insurance-linked securities, collateralised reinsurance and structured debt products are offered by JLT Capital Markets in North America.
We distinguish ourselves by providing independent advice based on a blend of corporate finance and insurance industry expertise. We have a deep understanding of the dynamics of the insurance sector and have access to a wide range of contacts throughout the global insurance market.
Our expert team has extensive experience and insight into risk management, insurance and reinsurance, and a track record of delivering distinctive value to our clients, with a particular focus on:
We provide advice to insurance related entities and management buy-outs that are looking to access new capital. We can provide access to a wide range of international capital sources, including:
- Private equity and venture capital
- Trade investors and specialist insurance investors
- Capital from reinsurance providers: quota share and reinsurance gearing arrangements
- Lloyd’s names and private investors
- Specialist debt instruments and debt finance (short and long-term)
Our team has advised on projects that have raised over £1 billion of capital in total and have been one of the most active advisors in the market during the recent Lloyd’s consolidation period, advising on the sale of a significant number of Lloyd’s platforms. Capital raisings have included Lloyd's listed and private companies and development capital for existing businesses. We have also raised substantial reinsurance and trade capital for a number of Lloyd’s syndicate clients and have assisted with the business planning and regulatory issues for a number of new FCA start-ups and Lloyd's start-ups.
Mergers & Acquisitions
We offer a wide range of corporate finance advice in order to help clients grow their business, particularly where a detailed knowledge of insurance dynamics are required. Services that we provide in this area include:
- Advice on identifying and executing acquisitions to enhance strategic growth and development
- Advice on developing new business and opening new business lines and geographies in order to increase profitability and efficiency
- Advice on disposals of business units, insurance and reinsurance companies or underwriting agencies
- Advice to management buy-outs, joint ventures and other strategic alliances
- Solutions for businesses in run-off or businesses considered non-core
We have successfully advised on a number of disposals and acquisitions both on the sell side and the buy side. These include Lloyd's Managing Agencies, Managing General Agencies both in the UK and Europe, insurance companies, services companies and other specialist insurance assets.
- Specific consulting work including feasibility studies, business planning, assistance with rating agencies, and advice on regulatory issues
- Project management and advice regarding start-up insurance entities - both Lloyd’s and FCA regulated companies
Director, JLT Advisory Ltd | T: +44 (0)20 7466 5280 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org
JLT Advisory Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.